      From: William F Brna <wfbrna@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Question on decimated village
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 7:11 AM

      Yes, and there were Slovaks who were not Nazi sympathizers. There are

      three Brnas listed as "Righteous Gentiles" in the Holocaust Museum in

      Washington and at Yad Vashem in Israel. The grandfather of one of the

      families that I have stayed with saved at least three Jewish families.

      He had double-walled buildings on his farm. Whenever anyone came around,

      the Jewish families hid between the walls. I stayed at what remained of

      the farm, but the buildings were no longer in existence.

      Bill Brna

      On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 01:57:06 +0000 (UTC) lkocik@comcast. net writes:

      Helene... et al

      There were Czechs and Slovaks that profiited from the war at the cost of

      their countrymen. There were Nazi sympathizers and actuaul Nazi party

      members among the citizenery of both countries too. This is a gut

      wrenching and uncomfortable reality but needs to be kept an "in your

      face" subject. ----- Original Message -----