27554Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak Holiday Cooking & Baking

  • slovak821@aol.com
    Nov 2, 2009
      I can't even imagine baking with margarine. That is just not a worthy
      ingredient of good food. If you take the time and effort to bake anything, then
      using butter is the only way to go.

      In a message dated 11/2/2009 8:10:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      greg@... writes:

      My wife went to a farmer's market last week.

      She picked up some real butter.

      A great way to make home baked bread special.

      I could take the difference.

      The USDA ingredients list for the butter was "Heavy Cream, Salt"

      The margarine we have here has "Liquid soybean oil, partially hydrogenated
      soybean oil, water, whey, salt, vegetable mono- and diglycerides, soy
      lecithin, potassium sorbate, soddium benzonate, artificial flavor, phosphoric
      acid, vitamin A palmitate, colored with beta carotene" as the ingredients

      If you are baking real bread for Thanksgiving, after hours of
      work, why not make it really special with real butter.