      From: votrubam <votrubam@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 3:50:40 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Smearcase Cheese Recipe/New World Order mix

      > using what you got to make what ya need...

      Using B as a substitute for A does not make the two things similar. If we can't afford Hawaii, we can spend our vacation at home. But just because we use it as a substitute, our backyard won't be "like" a lagoon off the Big Island. Sour cream with feta can be a substitute for bryndza, but it doesn't make it "like" bryndza. Fettucine Alfredo or a hamburger can be a substitute for bryndzove halusky too, and so can rezance with cottage cheese -- a common dish in Slovakia that no one thinks of as "like" bryndzove halusky."