26501Re: Cake Recipe?

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Jun 22, 2009
      I grew up in Youngstown, Ohio.

      Whenever Mom went downtown she stopped at Strouss Department
      Store to get a Layered Cake.

      The cake was 1/8 inch of cake topped with frosting and layered.

      If memory serves me correctly, there were seven layers of cake
      and frosting.

      If you had a cake you remember 40 years after eating it it must be

      Let us know.

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "mdndmdnd" <lukachick@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > Does anyone know of a Slovak forty (40) layer Christmas Cake?
      > Someone ask my husband if he had a recipe. He is not familiar with the cake. I tried doing a search but came up empty.
      > We have the Slovak-American Cook Book, I didn't find it in there.
      > Thank you for your thoughts.
      > Debbie
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic