      From: Russell McCoy
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 5:15 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] DDay

      Off topic but appropriate for today, I think. Although I did not serve in WWII obviously, I found it pleasantly coincidental that I received the GWOT Civilian award in a ceremony this week for my time in Afghanistan last year. I'm prouder of this award than all the others I got during my time in the army. If you'd like to see what the medal looks like, check out my site where I've posted a picture of it.

      And, let's remember the real heroes who gave their lives 65 years ago so that we could continue to live in freedom.

      Russ
      http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/