26222Re: Upcoming PBS Special Wed. May 6th WWII Behind Closed Doors

  • Ron Matviyak
    May 7, 2009
      I hope a few of you found it as interesting as I did. It was surprising to see the close cooperation of the Bolsheviks and the Nazis prior to the war. The show did fill in a lot of gaps in the story of the tragedy at Katyn.

      Perhaps the most surprising for me was the bare representation of the political misjudgments by Stalin, Churchill & Roosevelt. It is amazing what twists and turns history takes, and sometimes on what small pivot points the course of events changes.

      We are fortunate to live in times where the archives have opened and old events can be clarified. Not so surprising were the un-apologetic attitudes of the executioners and torturers.