      From: Dorothy L Fitts <dfitts22@...>
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Another saying
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 9:24 PM

      Ahoj Ben,

      You are so right! I went to the you tube site. It is great even if I don't
      understand what they are saying!

      Dorothy

      From: Helen Fedor <hfed@... <mailto:hfed% 40loc.gov> >
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:Slovak- World%40yahoogro ups.com>
      Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 2:53 PM

      I've never heard of Matko before, so I've learned something new today.
      What's his "shtick"?

      What other stock characters are there in Slovak culture (both traditional
      and contemporary) ?

      >>> Lil Junas <povetzlil@gmail. com> 5/4/2009 2:35 PM >>>
      I have a T-shirt showing Kubo and Matko dancing! Was told they were the
      coun ry's comedians.
      Lil

      On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Martin Votruba <votrubam@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > > I know that Kubo is one of the characters in the
      > > traditional Christmas-time plays, but I don't understand
      > > his role in this saying.
      >
      > The same as in those plays, folk tales, etc.: "Johnnie," sometimes a dumb
      > one.
      >

      > Martin

      "To be nobody but myself."
      www.ljunas.com