      From: helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Rom Songs
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:15 AM

      hi Ben - know you will share my frustration - saw a great program listed when i was at Piestany Spa - title was Gypsy Songs and featured one of the Berky brothers - the cimbal player and band and a couple who were going to perform actual gypsy songs. I love the Rom music but too often even when the Rom groups were featured at a folk festival, they played Slovak folk songs and not the Rom ones.

      i walked a mile in the cold snowy night to get there and w3was disappointed as it seemed to be the usual cimbal trio playing - guess the performance was cancelled - several reasons given - the couple was ill, second was no heat for the room where perfomance was to be held.

      arrrgggh they promised to reschedule but never did.

      Does anyone know of a recording of actual Rom songs by a Rom group - like Julia, the Lament, etc.

      helene

      From: Dr. Joe Q <doctor_jq@yahoo. com>
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 12:44 AM

      Drahy Vilo,

      I wish I could play the fujara as well as Ben and the other artists in the youtube presentation. Thank you for the connection.

      Dr. "Q"