25488Re: Folksongs.

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Feb 3, 2009
      My favorite version of the Pennsylvania Polka is the
      one done by Jimmy Pol in the 1970's

      He did a version as a Polka tribute to the Pittsburgh
      Steelers.

      We were playing it during the Superbowl on Sunday.

      Greg

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...>
      wrote:

      > Ben,
      > Just in case you fell asleep on Monday. I am sending you the
      information on the Pennsylvania Polka. I know that you really need
      this info in you musical life.

      > Az~ na veky vekov, Amen
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeke_Manners
      >
      > Vilkovy Charitas

      chance- and I wanted to ask people if they had any favorite Slovak
      folksongs? My personal favorite is "cierny havran- vodu pije," or
      "Zajali, zajali..." Both of these originate in the Zvolenska
      Slatina/Ocova/ Zolna area, and the best singer of these songs was
      Dorota Hraskova. I don't know if she is still alive or not....