25476Re: [Slovak-World] [Sound of crickets]

  • Matchett
    Feb 2 2:13 PM
      Julie,

      That's funny--I didn't learn the Slovak for please or thank you either
      until I visited there (in '97). On an earlier trip my mother did all
      the talking, as usual, that's why I never learned to speak Slovak--ale
      rozumiem Slovensky. I still have trouble pronouncing thank you in
      Slovak. I think it's easier in Czech!

      A childhood memory I have is my mother calling my cat a potvora.
      Julia M.