      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Folksongs.
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 2, 2009, 1:44 PM

      I was going to add something to this post, but I just can't recall.....

      I was playing some fujara today-like I do almost everytime I get the chance- and I wanted to ask people if they had any favorite Slovak folksongs?  My personal favorite is "cierny havran- vodu pije," or "Zajali, zajali..." Both of these originate in the Zvolenska Slatina/Ocova/ Zolna area, and the best singer of these songs was Dorota Hraskova. I don't know if she is still alive or not....

      I am bored today, so I think I will learn the history of the "Pennsylvania Polka..."
      Ben