25473Re: [Slovak-World] [Sound of crickets]

    Feb 2, 2009
      Aj mate maleho huncuta, nie?

      >>> Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...> 2/2/2009 1:57 PM >>>
      :-) Hey, would you all leave me out of this please!!!!???
      Doma mame krasku a potvoru. Skuste hadat kto je co....:-)
      Ben

      --- On Mon, 2/2/09, Helen Fedor <hfed@...> wrote:

      From: Helen Fedor <hfed@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] [Sound of crickets]
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 2, 2009, 1:49 PM

      < S~kareda potvora > would be (lit.) "ugly beast" or (fig.) "ugly bastard".

      On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:26 PM, William C. Wormuth wrote:
      > S~karade Potvora

      Wow, that's one I haven't heard since I was a kid! I didn't even know
      what it meant, just that it was a pretty strong insult. So what is
      it, "ugly drunk"? (Actually, I remember the words in the reverse
      order, "potvora s~kareda". Didn't even know if it was two words or
      three, pot vora s~kareda, from the way it was said.)

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@pathbridge. net