24051Re: Bryndza in Cleveland

  • Paw1776
    Dec 1, 2008
      If you are referring to the Bryndza sold by Gilmart...I can vouch that I use it all the time to make Brydnzove Halushky....at least whenever I get to Chicago to stock up. I can't vouch that it is authentic...but I think the taste is similar to that which you would find in Slovakia...at least that is what I have been told.

      Here is what I found when I googled "where can I buy bryndza":

      "I am the owner of Slovak-Czech Variety store in NY and we recently started to import and sell bryndza and other cheeses from Slovakia. Our address: Slovak-Czech Varieties, 10-59 Jackson Ave., Long Island City, NY 11101. Tel.: 718-752-2093, E-mail: info@..., www.slovczechvar.com."

      It is currently selling for $13.75 for 500 grams. I did purchase some this spring and it was quite good.

      Polly Russinik Walker