22542Re: [Slovak-World] sorghum...not molasses

  • durisek
    Sep 3, 2008
      Just recently wrote a feature for the local newspaper about sorghum, from which is made syrup. Calling it molasses isn't correct, because molasses is made from sugar cane.... a different plant entirely. The key is high sugar content. I can believe that a sweet syrup could be made from sugar beets....and there are lots of them grown for feed in SK. Judging by what happens to fruit and grain...ie turning it into strong drink... one might guess that the sugar beets would get a try, too....but I have no direct knowledge about that.
      Here's a link to the article.... http://www.kentucky.com/150/story/491963.html
      Smiles... Zuzka