22514Re: [Slovak-World] marriage records question

  • Julie Michutka
    Sep 2, 2008
      Thanks, guys. Wish I'd looked at the mixed marriages, just out of
      curiosity, but it wasn't the time period I was searching, and I had
      really limited time at the library. Next trip ;)

      On Sep 2, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Armata, Joseph R wrote:

      > I believe uzavrete manzelstva here just means contracted marriages
      > ("closed/concluded" like in closing a legal arrangement or business
      > deal). You're right, zmiesane malzenstva means mixed marriages.
      and Ben wrote:

      uzavrete manzelstvo is a term for a "done deal (NOT an official
      translation...)" :-P It is an official wedding.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic