22234Re: [Slovak-World] Re:Wooden Church of St. Nicholas in Beaver, PA

  • fbican@att.net
    Aug 3 1:50 PM
      It's just a little garden, but I like what I get from it. Beats anything you can get from the grocery store.

      My late grandma & grandpa Rataj had a small farm, pond with who knows what kind of fish in it, and a chicken coop with about a dozen chickens in it. Grandma always had fresh eggs, and always had a hoska on the pantry shelf (made with her hen's eggs) for guests.

      When grandma passed away, I couldn't go to the funeral home to see the viewing -- I wanted to remember her as the vibrant, jovial woman she was. She was a grand woman, and my middle name (Emil) was after their son killed durring WWII.

      Grandma and grandpa are gone, as is the farm, pond, and chicken coop. All I have left are fond memories.

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from Tom Flynn <trflynn@...>: --------------