      From: fbican@... <fbican@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Boric acid
      To: "Katanik, Unknown" <KATANIM@...>
      Cc: "Unknown" <bicanp@...>, "Jacobs, Marvin" <MBJ1@...>, "Holcz, Nick" <nickh@...>, "Unknown" <ltatarka@...>, "Unknown" <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 12:36 PM

      Marko--

      My one eye was feeling "scratchy" today, so I tried my mom's old remedy. Sterile water with 1% boric acid (not easy to find any more) and 0.5% sodium chloride. Fixed it right up. Them old gals knew what they were doing when it came to home remedies. Chicken soup ("Jewish penicillin") , tea with bourbon, and a couple of other's, and you're good! Maybe later on I'll soak my feet in some warm water and epson salts. That was one of grandma Toman's favorites.

      --skeeter