21850Re: Slovak visitors and discoveries

  • Ron Matviyak
    Jul 1, 2008
      Because of the Pacific influence we have many, many oriental and
      Pacific Island peoples, not much for Central European. Russians form
      a small community, however.

      This morning we went to the local coffee house/ delicatessen and had a
      video - talk with the Slovak family. They were all very happy to have
      the opportunity (after all, the two have been gone since Friday and
      today is Tuesday). I suppose the session went on well over an hour,
      disturbed no one and they also both enjoyed coffee and "All American"
      breakfasts while visiting, using the opportunity to describe the
      American food - which quickly disappeared.

      There is quite a bit to do around the house to prepare it for sale and
      the 'kids' have jumped in whole heartedly, and they are quick to pick
      up on what or how something is to be done, so we are mixing necessary
      tasks with tourism. This led to me pulling out a chalk line to snap a
      straight line and the "Abrakadabra, Kalamazoo" for my low-tech magic
      went no where when I heard a quick "brnkac^ka" - snap line, I guess.

      Tomorrow it is off to a real estate session, oven repair and then off
      to computer stores, construction supplies and a "bore tide" which is
      a rare enough opportunity here. The tide is just right about 5:23 PM
      tomorrow a bit south of town. It looks like a great start to two months.

      Ron