21053Re: Euro go-ahead

  • Ron Matviyak
    May 3, 2008
      Ahh, shaded of change. I remember a bit of hte same complaining when
      the US changed booze sales from fifths (English units) to metric (750ml).

      I was on Skype with Germany last night and the senior salesman friend
      replied "Kaufkraft ist nicht bei Gehalt angekommen , immer mehr Leute
      haben Schulden und wenig Geld" Purchasing power hasn't kept up with
      inflation, and more people are in debt and have less money.

      To back up the argument for statistics and perception, the NY Times
      recently published

      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/business/worldbusiness/01middle.html

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Votruba" <votrubam@...>
      wrote:

      > > that prices went up and also when we changed our weights
      > > and measures system to decimal that the same thing happened.
      >
      > Thanks for the examples, Nick. People are capable of projecting such
      > perceptions on other creatures, too. After Switzerland first adopted
      > daylight saving time in 1981, farmers swore that milk yield was
      > dropping. The cows must have all rushed to the village square to
      > check the church clock, and the Alpine grass never tasted the same.
      >

      > Martin
      >
      > votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic