21052Re: Euro go-ahead

  • Martin Votruba
    May 3, 2008
      > that prices went up and also when we changed our weights
      > and measures system to decimal that the same thing happened.

      Thanks for the examples, Nick. People are capable of projecting such
      perceptions on other creatures, too. After Switzerland first adopted
      daylight saving time in 1981, farmers swore that milk yield was
      dropping. The cows must have all rushed to the village square to
      check the church clock, and the Alpine grass never tasted the same.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic