20621Thanks, folks

  • skeeter
    Apr 6, 2008
      I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all for how welcome I feel in this group. My grandparents came from Prague, and my late father told me that I also had roots going further back to Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Austria. I guess I'm the family patriarch now (by default) and trying to hold onto some of my heritage. This group has been a joy to me.

      I made some jaternice last week, and it was every bit as good as I remembered it. The sekanice that I had for Easter was wonderful, too. I probably won't be able to get that for another year -- should have bought a couple more and froze them away. I know my nephews (mid 20's) have no clue what those are, and probably couldn't care less. I might be the end of the line for my Bohemian culture. Their loss, as far as I'm concerned.

      Slovak, Czesky, Polish, German, Austrian... take your pick. I just want to keep hold of my European heritage for as long as I'm on this planet. If you ever need a Czechoslovakian recipe, I've got the book, and I'll be happy to send one to you. I'm also rather good at internet searches, and can find more there as well.

      My kindest regards,

      Skeeter (aka, Franklin Bican)