20504Re: [SPAM][Slovak-World] Re:American shows/soaps on Slovak TV

  • Paul Guzowski
    Mar 8 5:27 AM
      Vladi,

      Did you mean Estée Lauder? I seem to remember seeing CSI (maybe Miami
      and/or Las Vegas), NCIS, Monk, Murder She Wrote, NCIS, JAG, and a few other
      US programs (dubbed in Slovak or Czech) while I lived/worked in Bratislava
      but I don't remember which channel

      As for who owns Markiza and what they show, well in an open and competitive
      television market where the objective is to make money, the owners will show
      what people want to watch in order to attract viewers which attracts
      advertising money. Of course, this is done within governmental guidelines,
      for example regulating when adult-oriented programming can be shown.
      However, it's not like the government is telling the privately owned TV
      stations what to put on the air. Some station owners may be a bit more
      altruistic than others leading them to air some cultural or educational
      programming that brings in less revenue but, in the end, business is
      business and if they can't make a profit, they will go out of business.

      Paul in NW FL