19668RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Happy Feast of Nicholas

  • Rick Sonzella
    Dec 6, 2007
      Thank You for the explanation.
      Since I have become a member of this group last week I have learned so much about the Slovak community.

      "Mader, Michelle A. (GRC-CHC0)" <Michelle.A.Mader@...> wrote:

      The feast of St. Nicholas is celebrated in many European countries. I
      know that the Germans and the Dutch celebrate it. Children put out
      their shoes and St. Nick fills them with small gifts if the child was
      good and coal if the child was bad. My German husband got to witness
      some children receiving coal when he was little.

      I have lied in the US my whole life, too, but it may be because I grew
      up in an ethnically diverse area and Catholic that I am aware of this
      feast day.

      Michelle Maco Mader
      Cleveland, Ohio USA