19640Re: [Slovak-World] Piekielnik

  • Caye Caswick
    Dec 4, 2007
      Good on ya both! For your daughter's health reasons, I believe open adoptions are probably the smartest plan all-round (although I'm sure there can be some drawbacks) -- but it's always good to have a family medical history as we age.

      Mwisbach@... wrote:

      I am so happy for you. I've been following your search with interest and
      would love to have helped, except that I don't know what I'm doing!

      I have an adopted child, now an adult, and we created an open adoption with
      her birth family outside of the United States. It was a lot of work but well
      worth it. She kept in touch with a family member by email during her teens and
      has been to visit twice. She is very open and positive about it which makes
      her Dad and I happy because we were unsure about whether it was the right
      thing to do. I know all kids are different and have different needs, but for her
      and our family, opening the adoption and meeting her "other" family was a
      great experience.

      Good luck with the rest of your search. It sounds like you have met some
      wonderful people along the way. You are so tenacious. I'm impressed.

      Check out AOL's list of 2007's
      hottest products.