19639Re: [Slovak-World] Piekielnik

  • Mwisbach@aol.com
    Dec 4, 2007
      Donnamarie,

      I am so happy for you. I've been following your search with interest and
      would love to have helped, except that I don't know what I'm doing!

      I have an adopted child, now an adult, and we created an open adoption with
      her birth family outside of the United States. It was a lot of work but well
      worth it. She kept in touch with a family member by email during her teens and
      has been to visit twice. She is very open and positive about it which makes
      her Dad and I happy because we were unsure about whether it was the right
      thing to do. I know all kids are different and have different needs, but for her
      and our family, opening the adoption and meeting her "other" family was a
      great experience.

      Good luck with the rest of your search. It sounds like you have met some
      wonderful people along the way. You are so tenacious. I'm impressed.

      Mary