19441Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Event Nov 9 - Washington DC

  • Marcelko Lorincz
    Nov 7, 2007
      Thanks Helene!

      helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote: Dear Friends,

      Slovakia will be in the spotlight at a special event at the Slovak Embassy, Washington DC on Fri Nov 9 at 7 pm.

      The event is sponsored by the International Club of Washington DC to showcase Slovakia and Slovak culture. Some 250 people are expected to attend.

      The program includes a parade of heirloom Slovak folk dress with 27 participants representing all regions of Slovakia which I am coordinating.

      Slovak folk songs and modern songs will be performed by international singing star Jozef Ivaska. And a feast of Slovak specialties and wine offered.

      The event requires a ticket which can be purchased thru the International Club. E mail me directly if you need more info.

      helene cincebeaux
      helenezx@...