      From: Armata, Joseph R
      To: 'Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com'
      Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:11 PM
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] translation of embroidered phrases

      I think the first one is in Croatian: "I love you my darling, I'd give you my life."

      That letter you were unsure of would be z in "zivot" with a mark over the z.

      For the Hungarian one, 24 inches wide was about the maximum width of an average village loom, so that determined the width of the textile. It sounds like homespun linen or hemp.

      Joe