18611Re: [Slovak-World] Re: GC

  • Caye Caswick
    Aug 9 6:31 AM
      Same in my family -- mom's mom was Greek Catholic then
      upon landing here (Cleveland) was Russian Orthodox,
      raised my mom RO -- who married a nice Polish boy in
      the 1950's -- so had to raise us kids Roman Catholic
      -- but gram took us to her church about as often as we
      went to church with my folks. This Summer I'm hosting
      a cousin from Gram's village in Slovakia who's been
      coming to church with me (I converted to Orthodoxy, as
      that's what mom would have baptized me if Vatican II
      had already occurred). Since my cousin is Greek
      Catholic, she cannot receive Communion in my church
      and has asked me to take her to a Byzantine or
      Ukrainian Catholic church so she can receive -- it's
      been a fun journey.

      Caye

      http://www.floridahistory.org/westcoastfla/arch2/tarponsprings/innesch.jpg