18608Re: [Slovak-World] Godparents

  • Marianne Petruska
    Aug 8, 2007
      "GC" = Greek Catholic; "RC" = Roman Catholic

      I have a photo of my Mom in front of the church where my 1st baptism was
      held & the sign next to her says that the church was "Greco-Slav", yet Mom
      referred to it as "Byzantine". The church Mom & I sometimes attended in
      Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys area of CA was considered "Byzantine" & at one time
      the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Van Nuys was there. (Tho' it's now in
      Phoenix, Arizona, it's still called "Epharchy of Van Nuys".)

      MARIANNE