17959Re: Off Topic - please update on your (US) state's economy

  • amiak27
    May 2, 2007
      Alaska seems to be doing fine. Haven't checked the statistics because
      it seems quite normal and solid. Real estate is holding its own,
      employment is healthy, and we may have to make a bit of room for Polar
      Bears as the Ice Cap disappears and the animals must adapt to land
      life, but that is more an issue between them and the grizzlys that
      have moved north with the warming.

      Reporting from near Daytona Beach in Florida, where for the next week
      I will be enjoying lighter clothing and more intense sunshine than is
      normal for me ...

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Claudia Medvik" <cmmedvik@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Lot of guys I work with are considering moving out of Michigan so
      their kids
      > have a future. This is 2007, and for the first quarter of this year
      there
      > were an
      > estimated 230,000 foreclosures on homes in Michigan. 1 for every 51
      > phone/addresses.
      > And that doesn't take into account 2002 thru 2006. People are
      handing over
      > their keys
      > to the bank and walking away here.
      >
      > Is anyone in the US got better economic situation?
      >
      > thanks,
      > Claudia

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic