17957Re: [Slovak-World] Off Topic - please update on your (US) state's economy

  • Chuck Vrshek
    May 2, 2007
      Claudia - I left Michigan 20 years ago and moved to Atlanta, GA., and the job market has always been good. Today, Atlanta has a strong economy and a growing job base, especially for the degreed professional. [Not a lot of Slovaks though]. However, GM & Ford both just closed their plants here and auto workers are looking elsewhere. Kia though is building a billion dollar auto manufacturing complex in West Point, Georgia on the Alabama border. Good opportunity there. But you should know, foreclosures are high in Georgia too, but property taxes are a lot lower than Michigan.
      Best Regards, Chuck Vrshek, Marietta, Georgia

      Claudia Medvik <cmmedvik@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Lot of guys I work with are considering moving out of Michigan so their kids
      have a future. This is 2007, and for the first quarter of this year there
      were an
      estimated 230,000 foreclosures on homes in Michigan. 1 for every 51
      phone/addresses.
      And that doesn't take into account 2002 thru 2006. People are handing over
      their keys
      to the bank and walking away here.

      Is anyone in the US got better economic situation?

      thanks,
      Claudia