17857Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Our ancestors

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Apr 11, 2007
      Dear Maxine,

      I am happy to hear that you liked the pictures. I
      still have relatives living in Livov (not the huta);
      they are somewhere around third or fourth cousins with
      some of those "removed" qualifications which means we
      skipped a generation somewhere.

      I see no reason for a language to be a barrier to you
      living there. The kids in the town will flock to you
      to hear you and learn English and you will have the
      marvelous opportunity to learn the language from the
      kid's words along with those of the adults. Go ahead
      and find a place in Slovakia and LIVE!

      Best wishes.

      Dr. "Q"

      --- maxine <maxine96@...> wrote:

      > Dr Q. thanks for sending the pictures, they were
      > wonderful. The thing I love most when seeing these
      > pictures is how simple the people live. I visited 2
      > years ago and every time I see these pictures it
      > makes me feel like I want to go back. For the people
      > who have NOT visited, THIS is what the villages and
      > towns look like and exactly how the people live!
      > Their live is hard but simple. It is a beautiful way
      > to live. They help and know each other, it is like
      > one big family. They have some modern things,
      > however, most of them live like they did years ago.
      > The countryside is so pretty and the smoke from
      > their houses swirling about, and walking where your
      > people walked, were born and died, it over whelms
      > you. I have been considering purchasing a house
      > there to live a few months out of the year-- the
      > only thing stopping me is the language. I have
      > many, many pictures on my walls of my village and I
      > made one room in my house look somewhat like the
      > inside of a village house. thanks maxine sasala

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic