17795Re: [Slovak-World] Easter

  • BURKJE@aol.com
    Apr 5, 2007
      Vlad,
      You asked if anyone had any other Easter greeting. Let me tell you the
      greetings I grew up with .
      First a little history of the people who were in my church in Perth
      Amboy, NJ. The parish was formally organized in 1897 . The earliest parishoners
      were immigrants from the Carpathian mountain region of Eastern Slovakia and
      early services were held in Church Slavonic. Ukranians, Russians , Serbians and
      Hungarians all worshipped at St. Johns until they could organize their own
      churches .
      My great grandparents roots are from Jakubany.

      This is the Easter Greeting I grew up with:
      Christos Voskrese................Christ is Risen ! (Greeting)

      Voinstinnu Voskerese..........Indeed He Is Risen! (Response)

      Happy Easter to All,
      Elaine Nemeth
      Burkard

      Family tree names(Hrebik, Duffala, Bondra )