      From: vchromoho <rcuster@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 6:58:13 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Paul Newman

      Hello Maxine,
      She was of a Roman Catholic family from an ethnically-Slovak
      village, so no, even the most ardent Rusyns among us like Yours
      Truly do not claim Paul Newman or his mother as a Rusyn.
      We have another "bombshell" as far as Rusyn celebrities we've
      discovered, though. Stay tuned!
      Rich

      --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "maxine" <maxine96@.. .> wrote:

      > Hi, I thought I read someplace that Paul N. mother was a Rusyn-is
      that possible? maxine

      Czechoslovakia

      > Two different spellings, George, or is one a typo?
      >
      > Newman's biography by Morella and Epstein based on interviews
      with
      > Newman spells his mother's name _Fetsko_, which would correspond
      > the Slovak Fec~ko, Fecko, or Ficko. That appears plausible
      because
      > those names still exist in the Humenne region
      ("Fetzer," "Feltzer" or
      > versions thereof don't).
      >
      > > his mother was Slovakian (Humenne) and practiced Christian
      Science

      > The village of Ptic~ie (a borough of Chlmec) 4 miles out of
      Humenne