      From: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Martin Votruba
      Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:34 PM
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Cross the border anywhere

      > of papers to cross. This will be great not to have to
      > worry about crossing borders with a rental.

      It remains to be seen, Noreen, whether the rental agencies change
      their policies. An open border does not say anything about that.
      It'll be comparable to the laws about taking liquor across state lines
      in the US -- there's no one to check but that's not to say that it
      must therefore be legal. So, if the rental agencies don't change
      their policies, people will be able to take the cars to a country the
      agency doesn't want them to but it won't be legal and if something
      happens, there may be consequences.

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu