      From: Scott T. Mikusko
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:51 AM
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Spelling of my name

      :)

      Here in California, the Russians are the only lot that actually pronounce
      my name truly properly... even more correctly than we do in my family!

      Thanks to the Russians pronouncing unstressed O as A, I had some Russian
      store owner see my name and he said "Hrm. Mikus^ka... Ukrainian?" Close!

      We say "Mikusko" with a short u. Long u just sounds a little too ethnic,
      but I go by both now. I got tired of 'correcting' people to the
      technically wrong way. :)

      Some Asians see my name and think it's Japanese!

      -S