      From: ssultonia
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:35 AM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Spelling of my name

      And my surname, Smorey, always ends up with an "L" in it somewhere,
      mostly Smorley. Not to drag this on too much but here is one I think
      is most funny. This happened to a friend of ours when we lived in the
      UK. The name is Joe Browne. He spent quite a bit of time on the
      phone one day to straighten out some problem and was promised a rebate
      in the mail. When responding to the clerk he said asked them to send
      it to Mr. and Mrs. Browne, "Browne with an 'e'". When the envelope
      arrived it was addressed to Mr. & Mrs. Brown-Withinee! 30 years later
      we still chuckle over that one.
      Bill

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
      wrote:

      > Oh, you mean Gergley:-)
      > If you would add an "s", then they would take you for a Greek.
      > Vladimir

      Bertha

      http://www.eset.sk