16011Re: Sui Vesan

  • sandman6294
    May 9, 2006
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Votruba" <votrubam@...>
      wrote:

      > > the "speaking and singing in tongues" explanation.
      >
      > RU, r u calling her a Babylonian? She's from Banovce nad Bebravou.

      Hmmm, I didn't realize Banovce nad Bebrav was in Mesopotamia. ;-)
      For some reason she reminded me of Yma Sumac, the "Inca Princess".

      ".... if you're not familiar with Ms.Sumac, she sang wordless vocals
      in various exotic settings with a voice that defied belief and a
      range that covered several octaves......."

      ".....It is fairly uncommon for an untrained singer to have a vocal
      range of two octaves. Trained singers aspire to three octaves but
      sometimes fall short of that goal. It is practically unheard of to
      have at one's command a vocal register of four and one half octaves.
      Indeed, it is somewhat freakish, and musicians usually have no idea
      how to exploit such a phenomenon to its best advantage."

      http://www.sunvirgin.com/
      http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,1635659,00.html

      RU
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic