15276Re: I am a fledgling new member...

  • sandman6294
    Mar 5, 2006
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, memzommi1@... wrote:
      Do you know if the Sabanos family in Hanusovce are Lutheran or
      > Thank you so much again. Marianne

      I asked because northeast Slovakia has a high percentage of Greek
      Catholics (services are similar to Russian Orthodox). Most GC's are
      of a minority ethnic group called Rusyns. It appears that Hanusovce
      nad Toplou has Luthern as well as Roman and Greek Catholic parishes.
      I have no idea if the current Sabanos^ residents are Luthern or
      Catholic. You can get their full address and phone number from the
      online directory. If you get the microfilms of the church registers
      for Hanusovce nad Toplou you could find out about your grandfather's
      heritage. They contain baptismal, marriage and death records.

      The Lutherns are known as Evangelicals in Slovakia. The microfilms
      of the church registers were made by the LDS and can be obtained at
      your local LDS Family History Center.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic