15248Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak grammar strikes again

    Mar 1, 2006
      Ahhhhhhh. Yes, there were photos. Now I get it.

      D'akujem,

      >>> konekta@... 03/01/06 1:30 PM >>>
      I am not Martin, but till he comes I can put my two cents;
      Toto , tento , tato is this here, closer than other persons or items.

      tentoraz = this time ( I forgive you)

      Toto is being used in this case, because there is a photo and you can see them. If there were no photo, then it would have been to.
      Vladimir

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Helen Fedor
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:49 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Slovak grammar strikes again

      Martin, could you explain the grammar behind these 2 article titles from a fairly recent issue of _Novy c~as_?

      "Toto su milac~ikovia Mariana Hossu" [These are the loves of Marian Hossa [a hockey player])

      "Toto su kandidatky na Divoku kartu" [These are the candidates for the wild card (for "Slovensko hl'ada SuperStar" [the Slovak version of "American Idol"])]

      Why "toto"????

      Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

      http://www.eset.sk

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS