      From: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Andrea Vangor
      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 8:15 PM
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Wells

      Hey, we do that in Olympia, Washington. There are several artesian wells
      around the city, one in a public parking lot downtown. People congregate by
      car, bike, and foot to fill their containers from a gushing ice-cold flow
      out of a pipe. Me too, when I am in the neighborhood.

      "It's the Water" used to be the slogan of the now-defunct Olympia Beer Co.
      I wonder why artesian wells occur in some places. Slovakia must sit on some
      interesting aquifers, considering that they have rare cold-water geysers.