13802Re: [Slovak-World] St. Louis Slovak Festival

  • Chuck Vrshek
    Nov 6, 2005
      Yes - And next Sunday, St. Lucas has their Centennial Celebration with a special 10 am worship service, followed by the Celebration Banquet. I'll be traveling to St. Louis from Georgia and am making time to review church records for family history. It should be a great celebration and giving of thanks for the 100 years. Interesting enough, my aunt Betty Vrshek Johnson, who lives in Lockport, Ill. at the age of 95, appears to be the oldest living former member of St. Lucas. This maybe more personal - but hey, when Slovaks celebrate - oh yes, they celebrate!!
      Chuck Vrshek, Marietta, Georgia

      Gregory J Kopchak <greg@...> wrote:
      While a far cry from the Pittsburgh Festival today, we went
      to the St. Louis Slovak Festival yesterday.

      Held at St Lucas Slovak Lutheran Church in St. Louis, Missouri,
      we found Polka Music, Haluski, Halupki, and Chicken Papricka.

      They also had some nice blown glass oranaments, Slovak Shirts,
      and Butchers Aprons.

      We will miss everyone tonight. Maybe next year.

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative