13416Re: [Slovak-World] After Festival Party

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Oct 1, 2005
      I think it is closer to 1.5 miles, but it is a nice
      walk through the Carnegie Mellon campus and you can
      see part of Schenley park. But the party is scheduled
      for Nov 5 - Saturda, the festival is on Sunday.

      Judy and I plan on being there. We'll probably bring
      a "cucumber salad" and some beverages.

      For those not familiar with the Commonwealth of
      Pennsylvania's Liquor Control Board = monopoly. Wine
      and spirits are sold in their stores. The stores are
      open about 9 to 8 Monday - Saturday, some are open on
      Sunday. The hours vary among locations. A few
      grocery stores have a Liquor Control Board store in
      them, but they are not easy to find.

      http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/app/Retail/storeloc.asp?plcbNav=|32369|

      You can't easily buy a six pack of beer in
      Pennsylvania, beer is sold through "distributors" in
      case lots. You can usually buy a six pack in a bar at
      a substantial mark up.

      Dr. "Q"

      --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Q -- walking 1 mile is nothing to this city
      > girl. Actually, neither is parking 30 miles out.
      >
      > Looking forward to seeing you all again next month.
      >

      > Caye
      >

      > --- "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Forgive me for butting in:
      > >
      > > Bruce lives about 1 mile or so from the
      > University.
      > > We talked about having a get together last year
      > > after
      > > the festival. We have enough room to have it
      > > including about 1/2 acre of yard, but we live
      > nearly
      > > 30 miles south of the University. So Bruce
      > > suggested
      > > his home.
      > >
      > > Dr. "Q"
      > >
      > > --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > Bill, my vote would be for Sunday following the
      > > Fest
      > > > -- also, what part of town does Bruce live in --
      > > > can
      > > > familiarize myself with the area via mapquest,
      > so
      > > > don't get lost -- that is unless it's in the
      > > Oakland
      > > > area and in that case I'll either walk, hop in a
      > > cab
      > > > or hitch with someone who's car is parked near
      > the
      > > > Cathedral.
      > > >
      > > > (My car [full-size plumber's van, so not easy to
      > > > park
      > > > on the street] will be at the Quality Inn on
      > > > Boulevard
      > > > of the Americas, south of the Cathedral.)
      > > >

      > > > Thanks!
      > > >
      > > > Caye

      > > > indicated

      > > People