1311Re: [Slovak-World] Detective work for Helene

  • helenezx@aol.com
    Mar 1, 2003
      In a message dated 3/1/3 4:11:51 PM, senzus@... writes:

      << It
      angered me when people complained to me about the "smelly people".

      I AGREE VILO - IT BOTHERS ME A LOT TOO.

      They had no deodorants at the time and all worked very hard. The odor was an
      honest indication of hard work.

      WHAT IS INTERESTING IS DURING OUR TRAVELS THERE IN 1969 THRU THE 70S AND
      EARLY 80S WE NOTICED THAT THE VILLAGE PEOPLE DIDN'T USE DEODORANT BUT ALSO
      ODOR WASN'T PARTICULARLY NOTICEABLE - WE WONDERED IF EATING MAINLY NATURAL
      FOODS WAS THE REASON FOR THIS.

      SORRY IF THESE TOPIC OFFEND SOME PEOPLE BUT I AGREE WITH VILO - WE THINK WE
      ARE SO CLEAN AND ANTISEPTIC BUT OUR LIVES SOME 50 - 70 YEARS AGO HERE IN THE
      US WERE QUITE DIFFERENT FROM TODAY. MY PARENTS HAD AN OUTHOUSE IN THE FIRST
      LITTLE HOME THEY LIVED IN WHEN I WAS BORN AND A FRANKLIN STOVE.

      helene

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic