1304Re: [Slovak-World] Accessing Church Records

  • Ron Milliken
    Mar 1, 2003
      The digital camera is a great suggestion. They can be set not to
      produce a flash ... you really do not need flash, even if the light is
      not great in the room. And the sound can be turned off, so it works
      silently. Just remember to set it to macro mode.

      One facility in Philadelphia would not allow me to use my digital
      camera, because they had a rule against cameras in general. I told them
      that my camera made no flash and produced no sound, but they still would
      not allow it. The facility would have been glad to photocopy the pages,
      except that the book was too old and fragile to put on a copy machine.

      Ron Milliken