12624Re: [Slovak-World] Re:html character set, and Yahoo bouncing

  • Caye Caswick
    Jun 14, 2005
      Julie, until it gets resolved (probably will take a
      while) -- you can always go to Yahoo Groups and click
      on Slovak World or Slovak Roots and check all the
      messages -- no need to wait on your e-mail to arrive.

      Caye

      --- jmichutka <jmm@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Martin, I'll look it up.
      >
      > On another topic, I've been missing a lot of
      > messages from my various
      > Yahoo lists (such as Slovak World) because of hard
      > bounces. We
      > contacted our ISP about it, and this was their
      > reply: "Due to the
      > overwhelming amount of SPAM we have implemented RBL
      > blocking on our
      > mail servers which are now utilizing the Spamhaus
      > and Spamcop RBL
      > lists. We've noticed lately that Yahoolist's server
      > has been
      > blacklisted several times within this blacklist.
      > Yahoo will need to
      > take action against their offending customers who
      > continue to have
      > them blacklisted as this is a blacklist that
      > hundreds of ISP's and
      > hosts use. Unfortunately, as this is a global change
      > on the mail
      > server, we are not able to change this on an account
      > to account basis."
      >
      > Is anyone else running into this problem? Do
      > listowners (Greg??) need
      > to scream at Yahoo to do something about this?
      >
      > Julie Michutka
      > jmm@...
      >
      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Martin Votruba
      > <votrubam@y...> wrote: