12340Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak wines

    May 3 6:29 AM
      I always forget about the _Spectator_ and Spectacular Slovakia. Thanks for the reminder. I printed out the "Pick of the Crop" list and will take it with me.

      Helen

      >>> LHBrigham@... 05/02/05 5:32 PM >>>
      Go to Spectacular Slovakia:
      http://www.spectacularslovakia.sk/ss2003/03_low_mountains.html
      This is the part of the web site discussing the wine region of the Low
      Carpathians just north of Bratislava.
      Then, click on one of the wineries like Masaryk:
      http://www.spectacularslovakia.sk/ss2003/03_masaryk.html
      and you can read about some of the better wineries in the area. I
      suggest that you attempt to visit one or more of these wineries and
      sample their wines while in country. If you find one that you really
      like - brink it home.

      My experience with Slovak wine was limited - and the 2 bottles we had
      were not that impressive. I would not spend the required effort to
      bring them home. However, I did bring home 4 liters of home made
      Slivovitza given to me by my relatives. This homemade Slivovitza is far
      more important to me than all of the Tokay in Slovakia. I have even
      developed a liking for it!!!!

      Lowell

      Helen Fedor wrote:

      >Does anyone have any recommendations for particular wines to buy in Slovakia (to bring back)? How about places to buy wine in any of these cities:
      >
      >B-slava
      >Kos~ice
      >Pres~ov
      >Martin