12324Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Roman Catholic Prayer meets Rusyn Prayer

  • krejc@aol.com
    May 2, 2005
      Tony,
      I enjoyed very much your email in which you shared your experience of the
      Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Our past Pontiff has made the world more aware of the
      great spirituality which has been given to the world from the Slavic countries.
      Prior to John Paul II, the only Slavic inspiriation that i knew was the
      wonderful and tender Infant Of Prague. The Infant stood in every household of my
      whole family that i can remember when growing up.
      my mother, in particular, felt a devotion to the Infant and i can remember
      that this was the first statue she ever bought for me to put in my bedroom.
      I noticed that you belong to a Croatian parish. my father's mother was from
      a village called Raslavice in very eastern Slovakia. i am starting to believe
      that she may have had Croatian roots. In another year or so, i am going to
      have the opportunity to research my family much better.
      thanks again for sharing and maybe you will make the trip someday to
      Stockbridge, Ma.?
      i have thought about it.
      Noreen