12073Re: [Slovak-World] Looking for recommendations Martin

  • LHBrigham
    Apr 4, 2005
      There are a lot of interesting places listed as a result of this query.

      This group could probably create a large list of towns to visit and
      things to see or do that will interest a travelor to Slovakia.

      I don't know how to create the section on the web site but we should be
      able to create a list of towns in Slovakia and have members propose
      things to see and do in each one. Someone planning a trip to Slovakia
      can download data for all of the towns of interest.

      Lowell

      Lil Junas wrote:

      >Agree. The ethno museum is terrific. Also, if anyone is interested in
      >nature (biology, animals, etc.,) visit the nature museum in Martin.
      >It's across the street from the post office. Plus the art and
      >literature museum in the old Matica Slovenska building on the main
      >street. Not to forget the current Matica building atop the hill, just
      >beyond the ethno museum. That's where the state library is. Some
      >exciting exhibits there. And the Benko art museum near Cierna Pani
      >(He was the national artist).
      >So, Martin has a lot of things to see --- these are just some of them
      >within blocks of each other.
      >Lil
      >

      >>--- Lil Junas <lil.junas@...> wrote:
      >>

      >>> Yes, the Turiec management also has been nice to me
      >>>

      >>nice to hear that Lil - thay have been good to me too
      >>have been going there since 1978.
      >>
      >>When in Martin don't miss the Ethnographic Museum -
      >>Have heard it is the best in Europe!
      >>
      >>helene

      >LIL JUNAS. Comm Arts Dept. Wartburg College. Waverly, Iowa 50677
      >For facts about my book, MY SLOVAKIA," and guide, check
      >http://members.tripod.com/~Junas
      > "To be nobody but myself."
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic