12068Re: [Slovak-World] Looking for recommendations Martin

  • Lil Junas
    Apr 4, 2005
      Agree. The ethno museum is terrific. Also, if anyone is interested in
      nature (biology, animals, etc.,) visit the nature museum in Martin.
      It's across the street from the post office. Plus the art and
      literature museum in the old Matica Slovenska building on the main
      street. Not to forget the current Matica building atop the hill, just
      beyond the ethno museum. That's where the state library is. Some
      exciting exhibits there. And the Benko art museum near Cierna Pani
      (He was the national artist).
      So, Martin has a lot of things to see --- these are just some of them
      within blocks of each other.
      Lil

      >--- Lil Junas <lil.junas@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Yes, the Turiec management also has been nice to me
      >
      >nice to hear that Lil - thay have been good to me too
      >have been going there since 1978.
      >
      >When in Martin don't miss the Ethnographic Museum -
      >Have heard it is the best in Europe!
      >
      >helene

      LIL JUNAS. Comm Arts Dept. Wartburg College. Waverly, Iowa 50677
      For facts about my book, MY SLOVAKIA," and guide, check
      http://members.tripod.com/~Junas
      "To be nobody but myself."
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic